Vimjuta 0.1.1 and Online

21 10 2008

I made a promise last week to come out with Vimjuta 0.2 over the previous weekend. I hate to say I broke the promise, the best I could come up with was a 0.1.1-ish “release” (it’s on SVN), fixing a very irritating and troublesome reference issue. I spent around 14 straight hours fixing that single issue, chasing my ref counts through Anjuta and fixing several inconsistencies along the way. I couldn’t find the time to fix the problems with the debugger and to re-implement some of the interfaces (mainly the search interfaces, which vim honestly has better functionality in). My new goal is to cut out about an hour every day of this week and work through the weekend (during which I am going home, away from the hectic campus life), and try and come up with a 0.2 release in time for Diwali (huge Indian festival). Wish me luck!

In other matters, I have finally made a small webpage for Vimjuta, hosted on my webserver at: http://arun.chagantys.org/projects/vimjuta/.

Advertisements